As usual, I'm behind on the blogging...but since I want to keep a record of this, here we go:
- Brenna grew leaps and bounds in swimming lessons, even in the short time she was enrolled before we moved. She now literally leaps into the pool when she has the opportunity. But, she knows her limits and stays away from the deep end.
- Brenna completed her first year of school and "graduated" from Kindergarten. It is so hard to believe how big my baby is - and that she's FINISHED with Kindergarten. She learned so much and it is awesome to watch her sound out words, write things out (even if they are slightly off) and just generally LEARN.
The end of the month was a difficult one. On top of planning a move and finishing the school year, my Grandad was ill and had to move into a full time care center. He ended up in the valley and my parents were here to be with him for a number of weeks. I wasn't able to provide much support in terms of time since I was working, and because of the move I was limited in what I could offer for a place to stay as well. It was so hard to see my family dealing with so much stress and not being able to help in the ways I wanted to. Gran ended up in a Hospice in Mesa and I was able to visit with him on a number of occassions and will forever be grateful for that. He passed away on May 29th. It was much harder than I could've imagined. Having lost my other grandparents when I was very young, he was the only one that I knew as an adult and as a result I formed a much stronger bond with him. He was an amazing man and lived a great life. Jamie and I gave his eulogy and I'm so glad that I decided to do it. It was a wonderful feeling to tell everyone how much he meant to me and to show what an amazing life he lived. I still miss him so much and even though we knew how ill he was and his passing was expected, it has been very hard to process. I know that he is not hurting anymore and that he is with so many of his family members in heaven and that he's watching over all of us.
- The bright spot out of the sadness at the end of the month was that Jamie and Mia got to come for the funeral. Since I hadn't met Mia in person, I was SOO excited. She is such a precious little nugget and I got to cuddle and love all over her for a few days. It was wonderful. It was also FANTASTIC to have my sissy around. We got to have so much visiting time and she got to spend some time with Travis, which also meant so much to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment